Christian Art Distributors is committed to ensuring that your identifiable information is protected. Like many businesses and individuals, we welcome the arrival of the Protection of Personal Information Act and we will strive to adhere to the provisions thereof. If you have any concerns or suggestions, please contact us in this regard.
- When opening an account with us or registering on our website, you voluntarily give us, once off consent for collecting customer data for:
- marketing and promotional activities/communication,
- extending credit
- electronic communication
- internal record keeping
- to improve our recommendations and service to you.
- You are welcome to update your identifiable information on the website, or in writing to our accounts department.
- If you do not provide us with this information, you will not be able to open an account with us, or we will not be able to process your request or order.
Some of the information we collect:
- Business trading name and information
- Contact information including e-mail address
- Transactional history
- We may contact you via e-mail, phone, SMS or fax.
- We apply appropriate security measures to ensure that your identifiable information is kept secure.
- You will be notified when we become aware of any unauthorized use or processing of your personal information.
- Personal information will be retained for the period it was intended for, unless we are required by law to retain the information for longer. Transactional data will be retained indefinitely as part of financial record keeping.
- You have the right to:
- get your identifiable information corrected or deleted if incorrect.
- be informed about the identifiable information collected by us.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser access christianart.co.za or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of christianart.co.za on other websites.
- Cookies are used to improve your experience and interaction with our website. Cookies are small pieces of data files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive. It tracks usage behavior, helps us facilitate your browsing on the website and analyses web traffic. These data files are not used to personally identify you.
- If you wish not to use “cookies” you can select the decline feature in the browser. Please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features on the website.
- To help us make marketing e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from us if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive marketing e-mails from us, please Unsubscribe at the bottom of the e-mail. Please note that this will only unsubscribe you from marketing emails. Other transactional, operational and customer service emails are necessary in order to facilitate our business with you and cannot be unsubscribed from.
Sharing of information:
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling or sharing it to others. We undertake not to share your information with any outside party unless we are required to do so by law.
- It is important to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Orders placed by your account on our website will be deemed as binding orders.
Conditions of use and revisions:
- Without prior notice and with or without providing any reasons, Christian Art Distributors may at any time, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the operation of the website or any of the services advertised or provided on the website.
- Neither Christian Art Distributors, nor its holding company, associates, consultants, or employees will be liable for any damages relating to the use of this site, irrespective of the cause of your loss. Without affecting the foregoing, we are not liable for:
a) any interruption; malfunction; downtime, or other failure of the site or computer systems for whatever reason;
b) any interruption, malfunction, downtime, or other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including without limitation: public switched telecommunication service providers, Internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities, and certification authorities; or
c) an event of force majeure or any other event over which Christian Art Distributors has no direct control.
- The uploading of any unlawful viral software of damaging information, modification, copying, or reproduction of the content is strictly prohibited.
- Christian Art Distributors’ website is owned and operated by Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd, registered in South Africa.
- The website content is protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law.
- No person may use any intellectual property on the website including but not limited to trade names, logos, pictures, databases and downloads without the consent of Christian Art Distributors as these are the property of Christian Art Distributors or licensed to Christian Art Distributors.
- We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your use and access to our website in the event of unauthorized use or if we become aware of false information supplied by you.
- All necessary precautions have been taken to ensure a safe website environment. We are unable to warrant that the website is free of spyware, viruses, malware and any destructive material that may corrupt, destroy, compromise, disable or harm the operations and/- or content of a computer system, hardware, software of any other systems.
- We disclaim liability for any damages, loss or expenses, when directly or indirectly using or accessing our website, our products or services and any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
Please refer to our contact information on our Terms and Conditions.