BUSINESS TO BUSINESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In visiting our website, you accept these conditions. Please read through the terms and conditions carefully.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
Our website will empower our customers to:
- Place orders directly on the website
- Track orders
- Check stock availability
- View statements
- Download copies of invoices
- “We”, “us” and “our” refers to Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd.
- “You” refers to you, the customer.
Detail description of goods and/or services:
- “Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd. Is a business in the Publishing and Distribution industry which supplies Books , Stationary and Gift products.
- Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amendments to these terms and conditions will be posted on the website. Whenever you access the site you will be bound to the latest and current version. Continued use of this site will constitute acceptance of the current version. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all the previous versions of the terms and conditions. Review this policy periodically.
- Christian Art Distributors shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
- When opening an account with us, you voluntarily give us-, once off consent for collecting customer data for marketing activities and communication, extending credit, electronic communication and to improve our recommendations and service to you. You are welcome to update your identifiable information on the website, or in writing to our accounts department.
- Not providing this information will result in not being able to open an account with us.
- You will be able to unsubscribe from electronic marketing communication, via the website or by using the unsubscribe button on the electronic communication.
- By registering as a user on our website or when opening an account with us, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older and of full legal capacity, and that you are not impersonating any person or entity, nor misrepresenting yourself or your affiliation with anyone or anything. You acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
3. Pricing Policy and availability of stock:
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Book and gift items are listed and invoiced at a recommended retail selling price.
- Music is listed at the PPD prices.
- While stocks last
4. Conferences and trade shows:
- Special offers extended at these events will only apply to orders placed at the event.
5. First-time customers:
- New customers’ orders (minimum R500 after discount, V.A.T. excluded) must be paid in advance.
- Unpaid quotations will be valid for one (1) month, thereafter you must submit a new order.
- Stock can only be committed to your order, once payment has been received and the order has been confirmed.
6. Opening an account:
- Complete the online account application form. After submitting the form, you will be contacted and required so submit additional information.
7. Pack sizes:
- Most of our items are sold in single units, but some of the smaller items are sold in packs of e.g. 3.
8. Backorders and outstanding items:
- A backorder item or qty refers to an item that you ordered but is either a new release or sold out.
- Backorders will be invoiced and dispatched as soon as we receive stock.
- Outstanding items are in-stock items not fulfilled, invoiced and shipped. These will reflect as outstanding until fulfilled.
- You can review your backorders and outstanding items/orders on the website or request a backorder and outstanding order list from the customer service department.
- Backorders and outstanding orders/items can be cancelled in writing addressed to our customer service department. We will not be able to cancel items/orders if they are already in the picking process.
- Backorders and outstanding items older that 1 (one) year will automatically be cancelled.
- Please indicate on orders if you do not want any items on backorder.
9. Credit terms and Payment options accepted:
- Accounts will be opened for successful applicants.
- Credit limits will be set and reviewed regularly.
- Terms of payment are strictly thirty (30) days.
- Overdue accounts will accrue a monthly service charge of 2%.
- Proof of payment must be e-mailed to our finance department with the invoice number as reference.
- Payment may be made via Visa,MasterCard or by bank transfer into the Christian Art bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
- Not all payment options are available to all Customers
11. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd. via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African
Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the
website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
12. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site.
For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
13. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
14. Delivery and shipping:
- DSV Couriers will only be able to deliver to a physical address and not to a P.O. Box address.
- Freight charges in excess of 4% of the net invoice value will be charged to the customer’s account on a separate invoice.
- Please allow 10 – 14 working days from invoicing for delivery to neighboring countries.
- Free freight for orders within South Africa.
- Orders below R500, after discount, V.A.T excluded, will attract a R100 minimum order charge.
- Please allow 3 working days from invoicing for delivery to main centers, under normal conditions.
- Please allow 5 – 7 working days from invoicing for delivery to the rest of the country, under normal conditions.
- Back orders that formed part of an order larger than R500, after discount, V.A.T excluded will be exempt from the minimum order charge.
15. Returns and claims:
- Returns will not be accepted without prior authorization.
- All returns will be subject to a 20% of invoice value re-handling charge (except products with manufacturing or publisher defects).
- Returns must be clean, free of marks or labels and in a saleable condition.
- Please see our return policy for more detail.
- Claims for short received or damaged items, must be made within seven (7) days from receipt of orders.
16. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under
this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, as Street address indicated below.
Christian Art Distributors (Pty) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
18. Our contact information:
Christian Art Distributors
20 Smuts Avenue
PO Box 1599
Telephone number : 016 440 7000
International telephone number : 27 16 440 7000
E-mail address: Orders : firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries : email@example.com
Switchboard : 016 440 7000
Toll-free : 0800 003 399
: 0800 003 400
: 0800 003 401
: 0800 003 402
Accounts : 016 440 7052
Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
Friday 09:00 – 16:30
Please feel free to contact our customer service department should you have any queries regarding our Terms and Conditions or products.
Page Icon Credit: https://www.freepik.com on "www.flaticon.com"